Tanager Bridge reopens to traffic
Shoreline Drive (County Road 15) in Orono is now open to traffic. Crews have completed the realignment of the roadway and connected it to the new Tanager Bridge. The new bridge replaces a bridge that had reached the end of its service life. It offers much needed updates and improvements that include:
- A realigned roadway with improved sightlines
- A new bridge deck for a smoother ride
- Improved channel clearance by more than a foot
- New riprap sloping to provide erosion protection to the channel shoreline
These improvements mean a safer and better travel experience for all.
Keep crews safe as work continues to finish the project
Crews will continue working in the area to finish the remaining construction activities and this could impact travel times.
Crews will be onsite to:
- paint the bridge,
- pave nearby driveways,
- construct the new shoreline slopes at the Tanager Lake channel, and
- grade and seed the landscape around the construction area
We will keep disruptions to a minimum whenever possible, but people driving can expect occasional traffic delays from shoulder and lane closures. Be on the lookout for signs and flaggers onsite and slow down when traveling through the construction zone.
For more information
To learn more about this project, visit www.hennepin.us/tanager-bridge.
For questions, please contact the project at email@example.com
or call 612-348-8448.