Major construction activities to wrap up this month.
Crews were able to work efficiently and complete two construction stages for the Shoreline Drive (County Road 15) and Shadywood Road (County Road 19) intersection project.
As a result, major construction activities on the project are expected to be completed by the last week of August.
Final construction stage begins tomorrow morning
On August 12, crews will shift to the final stage of construction.
Construction activities will be at the eastern half of the intersection and include:
- removing existing pavement
- rebuilding the deteriorating curbs and gutters
- replacing the pavement substructure and repaving
- constructing new pedestrian island and curb ramps
Weather permitting, we expect to complete this work in two weeks.
When crews complete this work, the intersection will reopen with only minor construction activities left that will have minimal impacts to traffic.
Expect changes as you travel through the area
The intersection will remain open during construction, with one lane of traffic in each direction. Sidewalks will remain open on one side of the road. And, we will maintain access to local businesses during construction.
However, people should expect some roadway turning restrictions, lane configuration and access changes, and sidewalk closures.
People driving will see the following turning restrictions at the intersection during this construction stage:
- no left turn from southbound Shadywood Road to eastbound Shoreline Drive
- no left turn from westbound Shoreline Drive to southbound Shadywood Road