Next construction stages to begin Tuesday afternoon
The project at the Shoreline Drive (County Road 15) and Shadywood Road (County Road 19) intersection in Orono is more than halfway complete, with crews a few days from finishing the third of six construction stages.
On Tuesday afternoon, July 28, crews will shift to the northeast corner of the intersection to begin work on the fourth and fifth construction stages.
These stages will be worked on at the same time, while still allowing access for people traveling through the intersection.
Construction activities will include:
- removing existing pavement
- replacing underground utility lines
- rebuilding the deteriorating curbs and gutters
- replacing the pavement substructure and repaving
- constructing new sidewalks and curb ramps
Crews anticipate it will take about three weeks to complete this work, before moving on to the final stage of construction.
Expect changes as you travel through the area
The intersection will remain open during construction, with one lane of traffic in each direction. Sidewalks will remain open on one side of the road. And, we will maintain access to local businesses during construction.
However, people should expect some roadway turning restrictions, lane configuration and access changes, and sidewalk closures.
People driving will see the following turning restrictions at the intersection during these construction stages:
- no left turn from eastbound Shoreline Drive to northbound Shadywood Road
- no turns (left nor right) from westbound Shoreline Drive to Shadywood Road