Weekday channel closures begin Wednesday, October 2
Starting Wednesday, October 2, weekday channel closures at the Hendrickson Channel will begin. The closure is needed to repair the seawall, a barrier that protects against erosion, as it is nearing the end of its service life.
What to expect during repairs
This is a multiple week project that we anticipate being completed in fall, weather permitting. We have scheduled this project to occur when marine traffic is typically lower.
Be aware of the following:
- Work may occur from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- When crews are working on-site, there will be no access through the channel.
- The channel will be open when crews are not working and all weekends.
- North Arm public access will remain open throughout the project.
When the project begins, there will be barges at the channel with construction equipment to:
- Stabilize the shoreline prior to seawall repair work.
- Excavate the area behind the seawall.
- Remove and replace sections of the seawall and backfill the excavated areas.
Following the seawall repair work, crews will return later in the year to make erosion control improvements along the shoreline. The channel will remain open during this work.