Dennis S. Walsh was born in Minneapolis & raised in St. Louis Park where he went to Fern Hill Elementary School, St. Louis Park Jr & Sr. High.
What he enjoys most about Orono is the great people & open air living. The citizens of Orono have such a great commitment to the school systems, the neighborhoods, family, friends, charities and more. “You know you live in a great community when the kids come back from college and decide that Orono is where they want to raise their family.”
Dennis S. Walsh is CEO and owner of FTK Properties, Walsh Partners. The two Minnesota-based companies include a commercial property management company & a commercial real estate brokerage business that have been successfully operating since 1997 & 1988 respectively.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry, Dennis is a widely respected member of both the brokerage and building-owner communities. He is frequently called upon by the real estate media, as a speaker for industry meetings and has been honored with several recognitions. Walsh Partners has consistently been ranked as one of the Twin Cities Top 25 largest commercial real estate firms and FTK Properties was recognized in 2004 as one of the “50 Fastest Growing Companies” in Minnesota by Twin Cities Business Journal. In 2001, the Twin Cities Business Journal (then City Business) also named Dennis as one of their “40 under forty.”
Dennis graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison with a BS in Consumer Science and a minor in Real Estate in 1986.
Other civic and professional activities include:
- FBI Citizen’s Academy Minneapolis – Board Member & Past President 2009 -- 2010
- Orono Planning Commission Alternate 2011-2012
- National FBI Citizens Academy – Past Board Member Jan 2010 – Oct 2012
- Hennepin County Sheriff’s Foundation Board – Board Member Jan 2012 – 2016
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR) – Member
- Big Brother Big Sisters of Minnesota – Board Member & Chair of the Membership Committee 2004 - 2007
- Minneapolis Club – Young Members Committee Chair 1994 -- 2004
- Orono City Council Member Jan 2015 -- Dec 2016
- Orono Mayor Jan 2017 -- Present
- Orono Ice Arena Board Jan 2016 -- Present
Dennis lives with his wife, Amanda, at their Orono lakeside home, where they enjoy spending time with their four children, Dennis, Nate, Morgan, Taylor & Lucy (6 year old lab).